This is the PAE’s taxonomy for Space developed with the following main objectives:
- Having a common understanding and language (commonly accepted definitions of technologies and other business related aspects) to better defining our Strategic Research Agenda.
- Classifying the entries in our Catalogues of Capabilities and Infrastructures.
- Obtaining, by analysis of the classified information, a better knowledge of our needs and capabilities to do research and taking better decisions.
- Promoting its use to classify the information in our sector as a corporate intelligence tool,
The first level of classification includes four main branches:
- How do we make the things? (1. Research & Technology)
- What the people is working for? (2. Segments of Activity)
- What the space activity is applied for? (3. Solutions for Society)
- How the relationship with other sectors is? (4. Space & Society)